Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Changing Gears: Let's Get Excited!

My posts have been really heavy so far, and although I think they were necessary, I want this space to reflect where I am now. Right now I am in my favorite city (that I've been to so far), building a house on five acres, going to school full-time, helping other women get motivated to go to the gym for a little extra cash, and in general really enjoying myself.

The past few months were really difficult in so many ways, but I am already seeing amazing things blooming from those struggles. I am living with my husband again, and although it is still a work-in-progress, we are generally happy. Our lives have been simplified in so many ways and it is allowing us to spend time together and relearn why we loved each other in the first place. This summer forced me to learn how to depend on myself. To look inward for my happiness, worth, and comfort. To find what really brings me joy and makes me feel alive. And although the circumstances were not ideal, I am so grateful for what I have learned about myself and the skills I have developed.

A few things that really stick out are:
  • really committing time to my home yoga practice
  • journaling
  • cooking from scratch
  • finding out what makes me feel healthy and strong
  • learning how to let go
I am a bit bogged down with homework at the moment, but I definitely want to spend some time writing about all of those things and more! 

All I can say right now is that I feel like I am finally really working toward my dream life, I feel happy and alive, and I am excited in general. I know that life can be really hard and terrible things happen to us and because of our own choices, but I am learning first-hand that true growth comes from the struggles. We can all find our way out of the dark, one small step at a time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment